10 things I love in Nafplio during wintertime
I am not fond of the clichés, but I absolutely believe that Nafplio is an ideal destination for all seasons, all year round. Allow me, however, to love it a little more in the winter ...
1. "Bourtzi" castle seems imagined from a fantasy story, as it almost disappears magically in a foggy landscape.
2. You enjoy your walks even in the busiest alleys and walkways, without the roar of the crowd.
3. You take a rejuvenating walk to "Arvanitia" beach dressed well, and your soul is warmed by the colors that cover the sky as it dawns.
4. After the rain, the paved streets reflect the restored old buildings and seems like you flounder into a wet, but always charming city.
5. You seek the warmth of a good coffee or the taste of a hot chocolate in the cozy cafés of the city, you read books, you play table games.
6. Your mood draws you in the mountainous villages around, where the smell of wood burning in the fireplaces and of the bread baked in the wood-burning oven takes you back to your childhood.
7. You spend hours inside the city's museums and you feel fascinated by the history of the place.
8. You feel glad hearing the laughs of the children, as they happily play in the city's squares hooded in their jackets.
9. You enter the shops and start chatting with the owners discovering imagination, creativity, the dreams and each one's personal story.
10. In the afternoon, you go at your favorite hangout to have a glass of "agiorgitiko" wine to warm up, and you end up in the evening being a member of a joyful group singing and laughing, because you know that life is actually precious moments...