This summer, I choose camping - Why?
A good hotel can provide you with almost everything and make your holidays easy and carefree, but the camping experience can not be compared with any other way of stay.
The truth is that those of us who went camping together with our parents as young children, never forget this way of vacation. Where else can you wake up in the morning and run wearing your swimsuit for a dive in the sea, welcoming the new day in the most ideal way?
Now the campsites are so organized and have moved to another level, where you can find everything, even the most luxurious and like a five-star hotel accommodation! The best thing, of course, is to choose something organized, clean, with basic comforts, rather than looking for luxury. Moreover, what we lack is not the luxury of the objects but the free time to spend for ourselves and our beloved ones; as the moments we lie down under the starry sky and tell stories and funny things to each other, listening to the blustering of the sea...
This year we decided to take a few days holiday with my family in one of the campsites of Argolis, because, as campers, we believe that:
- We will come into direct contact with nature, which is beneficial for both the body and the mind.
- We can detoxify, leaving the screens aside and choosing music and books.
- We will feel more energetic practicing physical activities, more movement, the play, a more balanced diet.
- We will make friends and new acquaintances, that can last a lifetime.
- We will return to the simplicity of life. For one to be happy, to have good health and the people you love with you is quite enough. A tent and some swimsuits in this case, are most welcome!
- We will save money, as camping is much cheaper than a hotel. Certainly for the first time you will need to procure the relevant equipment, but in this case we are making an investment, not an expense.
Tip: If you are thinking of camping in Argolis this year, you will find nice organized campings at Plaka Beach in Drepano village (Nafplio), at the Kastraki Beach of Ancient Assini, at Kandia Beach, at Iria, at Vivari village and, of course, you will find many at Tolo village and Tolo Beach.