7th Nafplio Marathon, March 8th 2020
On Sunday, March 8th 2020, the 7th Nafplio Marathon takes place in the city of Nafplio. This is one of the largest and most massive events in our country involving runners and walkers from Greece and abroad, also aiming to promote the city of Nafplio, as an athletic, social and touristic destination with a friendly approach to the quality of life and environment. Especially this year, it is thematically dedicated to the Woman (March 8th is the International Women's Day).
The Nafplio Marathon is a high-quality sporting event and at the same time a pioneering production, that has created a multisided social event with a variety of actions and programs that promote health, education and culture!
Actually this year, the Organizing Committee announces its cooperation with the Hellenic National Defence' General Staff (ΓΕΕΘΑ - ΑΣΑΕΔ), according to which on March 8th 2020 in Nafplio, alongside with the other racing events of Nafplio Marathon, there will be also held a Military Half Marathon. It is a sporting event of the Supreme Armed Forces Sports Council (ASAED), which is being organized for the first time in Nafplio and and that the following years will be an annual event institution within the military sports context.
- Marathon 42,195 km
- Half Marathon 21,100 km
- Race of 5 km
- Race of social contribution 2,5 km
Registration will be done through the website here.
For more information you can visit the official website here.
To see the participation costs in detail click here.
- BIB Number (with the runner’s name printed, if the payment is completed before the 26th of February 2020 -applicable on races with timing.)
- Electronic timekeeping chip (applicable on Marathon, Half Marathon and 5 km Race).
- Unique finishers’ Medal.
- Participants bag.
- Finish line photographs with runners’ name and time (applicable on races with timing)
- Digital participation certificates
- Bag storage service (applicable on races with timing).
- High quality medical support
- Full high standards athletes’ services
- Pasta party
- 50% discount for public transportation with "KTEL Argolis"
- Special prices on accommodation and meals.
- Over 50% discount on all of Nafplio city shops on Saturday, the previous day.
Medical and training advice
Special bus service from Athens
Runners should book a seat or buy an On-line ticket until Saturday, March 7th 2020 here.
Did you know that?
The official Nafplio Marathon website here provides all the necessary information about the races for runners and visitors, as well as about the Institutions and Companies that support tho entire event.
The Event of Nafplio Marathon is dedicated at the social work of the non profit club named "Orama Elpidas" (Vision of Hope). The primary goal of "Orama Elpidas" is the operation of the Bone Marrow Donor Volunteer Bank to cover the needs of patients, children and adults who need haematopoietic cell transplantation, both in Greece and internationally. The Bone Marrow Donor Volunteer Bank is housed in the Children Oncology Unit "Marianna V. Vardinoyannis – Elpida".
The 7th Marathon of 2020 also supports the Nafplio Nursing Home.
The 1st Nafplio Marathon was held with great success on March 23rd 2014 and has now become an institution.